Philips LED Street lamps

Philips has put up the first street lamps that use light-emitting diodes (LEDs), which last four times longer than normal street lighting, the Dutch electronics group said on Friday. With 50,000 light hours, LED lamps do not have to be changed for 12 years when lit for an average 11 to 12 hours a day.

Until now, LEDs were used as indicators on electronic goods, bicycles and cars, but technical developments have made them so bright they can now be used for any normal lighting situation.

Gas-filled streetlamps last an average 12,000 hours, and replacing them is costly and also hampers traffic, especially in hard-to-reach places such as tunnels.

LED streetlamps are twice as expensive as current street lighting with a similar design, but this is compensated for by the longer lifespan, Philips product manager Bram Lansink said.

That means a pretty good cost savings to any city that goes that way in replacements, and probably power too. I think LED’s is one technology that is only going to be seen in more and more markets as time passes.

Comments

1. Theoretically LEDs should be easier to control as far as light direction as well. If these can limit ambient light emissions, it’ll make a lot of environmentalists happy.

2. Thad Beier says:

It would be interesting to see what the energy cost is, though, of these LED replacement bulbs. The previous big rollout of LEDs was for the replacement of incandescent traffic signals. This was a huge win in energy efficiency as well as life — as the LEDs are inherently narrow-band — so you don’t have to throw away 75% of the light to get a green traffic signal. This win is on top of the fact that LEDs are significantly more efficient than incandescent bulbs.

But, gas streetlights are an order of magnitude more energy efficient than incandescent lights. From what I have seen so far, the current gas discharge lights are still significantly more efficient at producing (ugly) light than LEDs are. In these days of increasing energy awareness, it would really surprise me if people move to a less efficient solution.

And as far as light pollution goes — the narrow bandwidth of sodium light is a saving grace for astronomical light pollution. You can relatively easily filter out that narrow frequency band. A broader spectrum LED light, while prettier and giving better color rendition, would be a nightmare for astronomers.

Now don’t get me wrong, I love LEDs — I think that they will be great for indoor lighting to replace incandescents and flourescents — but outdoor lighting just doesn’t seem like the right application for these marvelous devices.

Thad Beier

3. hi
    please send me some technical information aboat street light LED.
    very thanks

4. NV Elk Grove says:

We are working on a new project with LED.
    For an office building we have to light up 84 windows in bleu colour. We want to do it with LED-outdoor. The leght of each window is 1.30 m. Plaese give us more information about Led outdoor using.
    Elk Grove NV
    lighting manufacturer
    C. Duboisstraat 3
    8800 Roeselare
    Belgium

Marc vandendriessche

5. hrishikesh says:

Sai Trading and Marketing

“Nishigandha”, Pratap Nagar,2

Wardha:442001

Maharastra

India.

To

Respected Sir,

Earlier we have some written communication,now I think it’s time to move forward.You are aware of my requirements still I want to explain it with more information which may help you.I have two plans in my mind by which we can work together.

PLAN A:

In wehich we can convert exsiting street lamps on solar power .We have to use existing poles and cabinets of the lamps. If you can provide me the LED street lamps ,solar panel,batteries,timers and other things required. Give me the list of these things and cost structure of it.In our existing street lamps we use 200W mercury lamps.Can your lamps fix in it or we have to change the whole cabinet,give me your views on it. Can you provide us technical support or some technitians for fitting for some initial days.What will be the cost for each lamps to convert on solar (incl. lamps, batteries,panel,timer ,holder and other required things).

PLAN B:

I think convertion of existing system on solar power will be more expensive .So that we can use your LED lamps on electric energy.Your lamps consume less energy may be 5 -6 Watt, which is very less (40 times) than our existing lamps.

We can send you the hlder use for street lamps by post.From these holders can you manufacture some adapter or suchthings in which your lamps can get fix.As people use low consumption lamp in India . IN India we 220 volt supply. You have to desine device which will fix in the holder and step down the voltage upto the amount which is required for your lamps.

holder —-> adapter> lamps

It is very fisible plan .It can give us huge marke in INdia Right now I have a customer who is ready to purchase 6000 Lamps.

This is just a beginning. Initially you have to take some effort as you are not aware of our existing lamps and other things. Onces you get it then i will look after the whole job of marketing .IN India we can get tremendous reasponse.I am talking with few authorities and they are interested in it.But as i do not have technical background so i can not tell them much about this project. But if you help me in it initially then i can give you monthaly sell of 5000 lamps.

Please forward me all details i have asked for and other paper material on my postal address as well as on my email ID as I spend my most of time traveling.

Then if possible send your officer to India, I can introduce him with few customer who can place the order in thousands of lamps.

reply me as early as possible.

regards

hrishi wagh.

6. MOHANRAM says:

village home electrifiation in hill state of India viz.Uttaranchal with solar powered LEDs is a very good option considering per home reqmt.is minimal.Can u provide us with more dtls. of yr. systems to move fwd. Thnks MOHAN RAM

7. Omer Ikram-ul-Haq says:

Dear All:

My Name is omer Ikram-ul-Haq
    and student of 3rd Year Electrical Engg. in pakistan.
    I am working on LED street panels And there feasibility in long run. Will you please help me I want to know some parameters of Philips LED Street lamps? This can help you also market your product as new street lights are to be installed in my university after my final report.
    I will be very thankful to you if you provide me with the following parameters
    as i cant open the site link given above

Working Voltage
    Lumins per watt
    Cost per fixture
    and
    any other parameter which you think can help me out

Regards;
    Omer

8. gopinath kollur says:

kindly let me know the type of led used in street lights,and how one could confirm its stability

9. Not sure where this comment is going but encouraged by the interest this webpage is given by people all over the world. Now that Philips has come out with commercial street lamp using LED, the question is at what price is this being marketed and where is it manufacutered. If correct sales person can be identifies then further discussion can be carried out to work on a ecomomical package for the world market. I am a bit concerned of the comment from Tad Beier that it is not a cost efficient solution even with solar power.

10. David Cheung says:

I want to know how much energy can LED street lamps be saved when compared with incandescent street lamps. Do you have any statistical/test reports published on such matters? I need some real examples and name of users.

11. i need the pricing for a fresh project using led street lights. pls include technicl information. this project may require more than 500 units. pls take this into cost considerations. also include pricing for shipment to west africa

12. Richrd Speth says:

I am working on a proposal for the City of Buffalo, NY to light a section of road for a span of 4.2 miles (approx). I want to know the costs of doing this project with LED technology. Included would be cost of fixtures, as well as consumption of electricity.

The installation will not be minimalistic, but provide an aesthetic entrance to our city.

Plewase provide info.

13. Good site, nice design!
    [url=][/url]

14. Frankie Lee says:
  15. dEAR hIRIKISH
    wE HAD THE led STREET lighting solutions in india itself only for more information please call me
    9860116122
    Sunil

16. Frankie Lee says:

Where can I see the catalog of your products. I am in texas and would like to promote some good project for Home/business/ street application.

RV

17. actually I am working on a proposal of an academic project ,would you tell me where can I find more specefic discription of your products ?
    RE

18. Dharmendra Patel says:

Dear Hrishi Wagh, Mohanram et al,

We have had considerable success in this field and are willing to share our experience with all to bring about a ‘green revolution’ LED’s are great and are here to stay.
    If you want to know how we have integrated LED’s into street light then you can get in touch with me at the following address,
    Dharmendra Patel
    P.O. Box 49839, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Tel: +971 4 2860147; Fax: +971 4 2860148; mail: [email protected]

19. Randeep Shevalkar says:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    We are a group of engineers want to work in the field of

energy conservation through the help of low electricity conssuming LED

lamps for residential and other use in India. Please send the

information how we can associate with you regarding the same

Thanking you

Randeep Shevalkar
    Email [email protected]

20. For any kind of Solar Lighting Solutions you can contact me. We have developed the worlds best LED drivers.

Mob: +91-9845032413

21. We are manufacturer of the led street light, please rely on me. LED Street light will be the trend these years.

22. We are manufacturer of the led street light, we done a lot of project it , we will have 5000pcs of the led street lights very soon. We mainly produce all kinds of the high power led lights, please let me know if you need my assistance.

msn: [email protected]

Skype: alanlong5478

23. I plan to bring LED street lighting to Poland. Right now I am considering options from China, USA and UK. If you’re a manufacturer of such please contact me at +48 607408418 or skype be_a_duck; thank you

24. This is Jason Yang from BBE LED, Shenzhen Bang-Bell Electronics Co., Ltd., we are one of China Top LED Streetlight, LED Bulb and LED Traffic Manufacturer and Exporter, we have exported our LED Streetlight, LED Bulb and LED Traffic light to more than 80 countries all over the world, if you are interest in our products, you are welcome to contact us:

Jason Yang
    Marketing & Sales Manager, Marketing Department
    Tel.: 0086 755 2958 8988 Ext.: 837 Fax: 0086 755 2958 8616
    Mobile Phone: +86 138 2317 7749
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Website: http://www.bbeled.com
    MSN: [email protected]
    Skype: jasonyang1977

25. Hi Jason, I sent you mail afew days ago about a LED project we are starting but you did not respond. Its involves replacing and installing new street lights all over our city. estimate about 5000 lights.
    Paul
    +250 08301652

26. Hi, everyone! This is Bonnie from jingri lighting technology. our company is specialized in manufacturing LED Street Light,solar LED light. At present, we have 30W,60W,90W,120W LED street light,30W solar LED light as well as a decoration type LED products for decoration of lamp poles, trees, walls and bridge,etc. Choosing CREE/OSRAM chips, our LED street light has passed aging test, light wane test,

27. hi
    please send me some technical information aboat street light LED and catalog and price.
    very thanks

28. Looking for LED or Solar street lights for inner city roads. Can any one advice where to buy from?

29. Resinland says:

I wonder if anyone has noticed that Finns seem to have made the first \”true\” Led street light with good light distribution and high energy saving. They call it Starium Dragon. Finland is the same country where NOKIA cellphones come. I found this product when Osram published it world wide.

I think here is some more http://www.led1.fi

30. Mr Jon chin says:

Dear Sir,

We are the importer of Led product but we are more interested about the Led Street Lighting and can you please provide us more information & detail to us.

Thanks for your kind of co-operation and we are much more appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jon Chin

31. Dipak Manohar says:

Hi,

I m from Ahmedabad India and would like to know more about LED street Light. We have very good connections across our region and can expect huge orders if we can supply.

We are planning to replace 70W, 100W, 150W and 250W existing street light with LED based Street Light.

Kindly forward us details on [email protected] or call us on +91 9374442811

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Dipak Manohar
    Director (Marketing & Operations)
    Manohar International
    India

32. Hi Jason Yang BBE LED,I need information & detail led street lighting,do have rep off in Jakarta

Tanks,
    Robert

33. High Power LED Lighting technology had already become the most economic, environmental friendly and energy-saving products in the world. Kingsun LED lighting products started developing in 1998. After many years’ research and development, Kingsun LED pushed their LED light and LED Street Light to the market at Sep. 2006. Now Kingsun LED can manufacture the products like: LED Light, LED Street Light, LED Tunnel Light, LED Flood Light, LED Tube Light, LED Parking Light, LED Canopy Light, LED Commercial Lighting and LED High/Low bay Light.

Kingsun LED Lighting products adopt special quadric optical lens which cast the rays of every LED onto a rectangular area. The LED Lights and LED Street lighting products Lens were designed and calculated by professional software Rhino and imitation by Lighting curve and effects software, Adopting internationally top Non-image Optics system design concepts, the lens can focus all the light into the area you want to illuminate, which the light utilization rate is higher than high pressure sodium lights and other LED Lights and LED Street Lighting from competitors.

Kingsun LED Light and LED Street lighting products Utilizing professional respiratory device Gore, the LED Street Light system is able to balance effectively the inner and outer pressure caused by cycle of warming and cooling of lamp body, which shapes into an efficient system of waterproof and dust proof, which also be an essential part of effectively extend the lifespan of the High Power LED Street Light.

Kingsun LED Lighting and LED Street Light products absorb new research fruits from Tsinghua University integrated optoelectronics national key lab, the heat dissipation system of Kingsun LED Light and High Power LED Street Lighting system had the most reasonable design. On the system structure, every detail has been designed to achieve the best effect of hear dissipation. LED is connected with aluminum-base board and radiator closely. In order to obtain the best effect of hear dissipation with the most appropriate materials and the most reliable structure, the radiator is made of the Aluminum Alloy which has the best heat conductivity.

34. i am work for a led product company in China,i think there are some problems need to be resolved for the led street . as i know, just few manufacturers can research and develop it better in China. most of other led steets are copy.

35. We are a professional manufacturer of LED display in China.If you are interested in it .Please contact with me.Thank you!
    kittywang
    MSN:[email protected]
    Website:http://www.allled.com.cn
    Email:[email protected]

36. Comdell is a Taiwan manufacturer dealing in Led products and cooling products.Our LED products include LED streetlight,tunnel light,flood light etc.We have good quality products for you.Please contact me.
    Best Regards,
    Yvonne
    Comdell Electronics(Shenzhen)Co.,Ltd
    Add:6F, 1st Building, Yuehua Industry Shangmeilin, Futian District
    Shenzhen Guangdong, China (mainland) 518049
    Mobile:+86-13418990147
    Tel:+86-755-83182015
    Fax:+86-755-83312214
    Website: http://www.comdall.com
    Email:[email protected]
    MSN:[email protected]
    ——————————————————————————–
    纸张,无草木不可得;邮件,非打印犹可读;请关爱环境
    Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

37. Shanghai aisan electronics Co.,Ltd is a modern hi-tech enterprise specialized in the R&D, production and sales of LED light bulbs in Shanghai China. Under the execution of ISO 9001 -2000 version quality system, we assure our led light bulbs at a high quality level. Over the past year, we succeed design many night light projects. We have invested heavily in quality control and assurance. As a result, most of our customers are stable and consistent. We have never compromised our dedication towards quality and customer service. As we always state, we shall relentlessly dedicate our effort in customer service, design innovation, and new product creations.
    The following is our main products:

LED street lights, LED fluorescent tube lights,LED par lights,LED spotlights, ,LED Inground Lamps,LED downlights,LED rope lights,LED flashlight,LED strips,LED Tunnel Lights,LED auto lights,Solar LED street lights, LED Fence-protective Lamp; LED High-power Spot Lights,high power led street lights,LED Formative Fancy Light, and etc…

Address:8th floor,No.45,East Yannan Road,Shanghai,China

Zip: 200002
    Tel: +86-21-57659845
    Fax: +86-21-63374402
    Email:[email protected]

Contact Person:Egbert Lee

Website:www.led-light-aisan.com

38. Greeting guys.
    For LED light,the LED chip lighting effect is not such a serious problem now.And the biggest problem we come across during the sales work is the price.For example,a T8 600mm traditional three primary colours fluorescent tube,the retail price of Philips is only 1$~2$ in China,but the T8 LED tube may cost us more than 20$ per piece.The price brings much difficult for the LED light’s popularity.

Here in China Nanker,we are changing this situation,a 160W LED street light only takes us 350$~370$.This is really a good news for our partners,and in addition ,we are trying to cut the raw material cost ,improve the quality all the time.It’s believed that LED light will really enter into every family and our life in the near future.

Kally Liu
    Marketing manager
    Nanker LED lighting Ltd.
    E-mail:[email protected] [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]
    Skype:kallynanker
    GSM:+86 136 2284 6865
    TEL:+0086-20-32208528
    FAX:+0086-20-32291088
    Add:NO6.Tianfeng Street,Science Park,Guangzhou.
    China Zip: 510663

39. Hi,
    What is the average LED Streetlamp(100w) market price at the moment? And What are the most common used LEDs(Cree, Osram, Philips)?

40. Dear Sir,

Actually we are looking for LED Street Light. This is to replace the current.There are only 3 requirements need to have: i) IEC 62031 ( Electrical goods standards )ii) IEC 62471 ( Electrical goods standards )iii) Samples to be given to PLUS for “durability” and “dependability” test. If you can get a better design from the Thai.company have i) We would prefer the screw-in type LED Lights for their street light. ii) All screw-in type LEDstreet lamp are supposed to replace the equivalent of the current conventional street light as stated :150,250,400,1000W. It would be best if you can give us with a “proper” full range catalogue of their LED Products.can you please provide us more information & detail to us.

Best Regards,

Somsak.
    Sale manager
    LC-SAHAMITR ENGINEERING CO,.LTD.
    E-mail:[email protected]
    Thailand.

41. with the development of technology, LED is infallible to replace the traditional light,shenzhen shangyang technology limited is the top one to manufactor and exporter in China..We’ve worked with clients from North America, Europe, East Asia, Africa and the Middle East, and understand their quality and safety requirements. Our items carry RoHS and CE safety assurance for entry into those countries and regions, and we’ll meet the quality needs of your market too.
    if u have any request,please contract with us
    website:www.shy-led.com
    MSN [email protected]

42. The price of our LED power supply/transformer & LED light are very competitive in the market, should you have any inquiry pls don’t hesitate to contact with us.more information pls click:http://www.fosintl.com

43. MANOJ GAWDE says:

hi

i am intrested in the led concept for street light that to of 30W can you send me details such as

power saving
    approx. illumination
    loss that takes place in cable , transformer and recitifer or switch.
    regards
    manoj gawde

44. Yes, LED Street Lighting is coming, as China’s First Manufacturer who research, develop, manufacture and sell LED Street Lights, BBE LED, Shenzhen Bang-Bell Electronics Co., Ltd., we had eExported to more than 130 Countries, 20,000 LED Street Lights in 2009 , the most countries installed in the overseas market, BBE LED has become one of the world’s most famous brands of LED lighting, want to know more about us? pls kindly visit our webiste http://www.bbeled.com, and contact us now.

45. Hello everyone,

This Fiona from Shenzhen June Lead Tecnology Co,.Ltd China, a professional manufacture of LED display, LED lighting and other LED products with superior quality and high reputation, if you are interest welcome to contact me for any further information, thank you!

regards

Fiona

46. I am glad to tell you that we are top manufacturer in China in led products line .And we have the products come with your requirement.
    May you please tell me your email address and the quantity of the lights you want,then i can send you the pricelist of the lights to you for your reference.
    We are specialized in the industry of LED products.We can offer you a super quality and a better price to you,and we sincerely hope that we can be business partners and establish business relationship with each other and then make profits to each other.
    I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.And your reply will be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot.

best regards,
    Yours,
    chiong
    business woman(Max Selected International Trading Co., Ltd. )

47. I am miaomiao zou from Nanker led lighting which found in 1989,we are top LED factory in China.you can get more information in http://www.nanker.com.

my email:[email protected] contact me if you want to get more information.

48. Does anyone have an idea how much (in dollars) a 40W or 50W LED street light costs?. If possible, please specify prices of different makes.

Thank you.

49. Dear Sir/Madam,
    I would like to introduce our company as a producer of LED street light in IRAN since 2007.We use OSRAM ,CREE,LUMILEDS LEDs and European secondary optics in our products.If you are interested in about our products please don’t hesitate to contact me.
    [email protected]
    With best regards.
    Azarm.

50. Very happy to see your article, I very much to like and agree with your point of view. Thank you for sharing. At the same time,i love
    LED tunnel light very much .Welcome to look at my website and blog articles.Hope we can become good friends, and exchange and to help each other! Thanks!!

Are pleased to re-visit your blog, from which I learned a lot of knowledge, and totally agree with your point of view, I hope you can be the exhibitions, once again thank you for sharing such a wonderful text. I will wait to see what’s! Thank you!i love
    LED tunnel light very much .

51. This is Andy from Moonstar, specializing in producing Led light, with the strenth of interior light, strip light, Solar lawn light,garden light ect.

We can also provide light design solutions for your side.
    Contact to me via following ways.

MSN:[email protected]
    Tel: 86-13666246304
    skype:andy_led2011
    website:www.www.ledmoonstar.com

52. Since 2003, CLED has been engaged in LED components encapsulation’s research and development. Currently, we already has the mature LED encapsulation technology, advanced LED lighting products such as LED Street light and LED flood light etc. we also get more than 80 patents with self intellectual properties. Our high power LED Street light technology is in the leading position of heat dissipation and light distribution of this field. It is very popular in home and abroad.

Up to now, CLED has installed more than 50,000 pcs of lights around the world. 20,000 pcs of them have been lighting for more than 2 years and more than 5,000 pcs of them already been lighting for at least 3 years. With its excellent quality and effect, we have won the market good public praise : less light recession, reliable quality, good lighting effects and special product design are the most important points. Company Name : CLED Optoelectronic Technology Co., Ltd
    Website: http://www.chinahong.org