As of this writing, I am currently at 1.75MB of 77.3MB of Patch 3.3.3. Still a long way to go! If you’re on the same boat as I am and you’re noticing that your download is a bit slow, don’t panic, fellow WoW geeks. The patch download is only for preparation when WoW 3.3.3 actually goes live, which will probably happen in a couple of weeks. Like maybe next week, or next next week, or next next next week. I can’t really give a definite schedule since even Blizzard itself hasn’t given a specific date on when it’s going live. But at least we know Patch 3.3.3 really does exist! (Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!)
Here are some of the few things we can expect from Patch 3.3.3:
- Increased Honor for an Honorable Kill for characters of all levels.
- Random Battleground system. Quite similar to the LFG system for dungeons and pretty much works the same way. No more Daily Battleground quests as well. Instead, you get bonus rewards for choosing the Random Battleground option
Dungeons and Raids
- Players can FINALLY skip initial introduction in Culling of Stratholme as long as you’ve completed it at least once. (Thank the geek gods! Good bye Arthas babblings!)
- World Event bosses are now accessible through the Dungeon Finder. We can finally get a chance to acquire those very rare World Event items even though they’re not in season!
- Dungeon Deserter debuff increased to 30 minutes from 15 minutes!
- Several raid buffs have their ranges increased to 100 yards, up from 45 yards.
- You can now trade your Frozen Orbs for other trade goods.
- Tier-10 4-Piece Set Bonus adjusted for some classes.
Looks like we’re in for a lot of goodies this coming Patch 3.3.3! For a more detailed look at the patch notes, you can visit the Public Test Realm Patch Notes.