Do you love your iOS device(s)? Have you longed for the ability to control a robot tank with your device? If you answered yes to the aforementioned questions, then your dreams will soon become true.
For iOS device owners Desk Pets has created the TankBot, small, robotic, tank which can be controlled using any iOS device can be yours for only $20.
To control the miniature tank robot, simply connect the accompanying dongle into one’s iOS device headphone jack and that’s it! TankBot will be instantly under the control of you and your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
The features of Tankbot include:
- Use of Apple’s accelerometer technology allowing one to control the device with a tilt of one’s iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- TankBot’s autonomous mode uses infrared sensors to navigate mazes, avoid obstacles, and react with military precision
- A free roaming mode with tank sounds
- A retractable USB charger built into body of the product, 30 minutes of charge = 15 minutes of play
- A flashing heartbeat eyes pulse when robot is at idle
- Each color (orange, blue, black, and green) operates on own frequency, allowing for multiplayer racing and battling
Desk Pets’ TankBot will make its first appearance in public at New York City’s Toy Fair which runs February 13-16. Unfortunately for those wanting one of the devices, TankBots will not be available for purchase until June.
When the TankBot is made available, is the device something you will purchase for yourself or as gift for another?