10 Awesome Home Theaters

Is there any more decadent or geekier-than-thou way of expressing your superiority than by constructing your very own themed cinema at home? These ten home theaters are so over the top, they’ve obliterated the top.

And you know you want one.

Batcave

batcave1 470x287 10 Awesome Home Theaters

batcave2 470x287 10 Awesome Home Theaters

This one’s just a concept for now, but it’s available made-to-order. [by Elite Home Theater Seating]

Death Star (Star Wars)

starwars 470x323 10 Awesome Home Theaters

[by Definitive Audio]

The Enterprise (Star Trek)

startrek 930x219 10 Awesome Home Theaters

Click on the image to zoom in and get the full effect. [by Gary Reighn]

The Enterprise-D #1 (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

startrektng 470x273 10 Awesome Home Theaters

I suppose it’s only natural that there would be so many Star Trek home theaters. The bridge of the Enterprise is shaped like a theater, after all. [by Electronics Systems Consultants]

The Enterprise-D #2 (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

startrektng2 1 470x313 10 Awesome Home Theaters

startrektng2 2 470x315 10 Awesome Home Theaters

Probably best captures the look and feel of the Next Gen‘s flagship. [by Acoustic Innovations]

The Matrix

matrix 10 Awesome Home Theaters

I’m not sure I see the resemblance, though it’s said to include lots of design elements “inspired by” The Matrix. Personally, I would have gone with the bridge of the Nebuchadnezzar, but that’s just me. [by RPG Diffusor Systems]

Nautilus (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea)

nautilus11 470x314 10 Awesome Home Theaters

[by Dillon Works]

Pirate Ship

pirates1 470x290 10 Awesome Home Theaters

pirates2 470x290 10 Awesome Home Theaters

[by Elite Home Theater Seating]

Stargate Atlantis

stargate1 470x708 10 Awesome Home Theaters

Sorry Stargate fans, but I had no idea anybody loved the show that much. [by Visual Concepts]

Terminator

terminator 470x314 10 Awesome Home Theaters

[by Cinema at Home]

About Robin Parrish

Unathletic, uncoordinated tall man with endless creativity stampeding through his overactive brain. Comes with beard, wife, and two miniature humans. Novelist. General blogger and main Gaming Geek for ForeverGeek. Lead Blogger, Apple Gazette.

Comments

1. Christian Kazianka says:

Wow!!! They are amazing!!!!!!

2. K Parker says:

Robin, the pirate ship is also a concept at this point, although the designer reportedly has a client that wants to build it.

– Kerry

3. Mohammed says:

I like the Pirate Ship

4. They’re all amazing! But the stargate one caught my heart the most.

5. yes these are nice but i cant see myself having such childish home theaters,,,

• BongOverlord says:

Childish my ass, these are amazing. Inspire me to do y Dr. Who one. Fuck yeah!

• I know what follows "UN" says:

Unimaginative, Unexciting, Unpopular, but Unpolite. You are all of these, but you are NOT an UN douche.

6. Wow!
    Absolutely amazing. I wish I could afford these for my place. Only in my dreams.
    Nice post. Excellent ideas.
    One question: If I am in the Pirate Theme Theater, can I still watch Star Wars?

7. HA!! What an awesome thing to do, build something to share with friends..you must love them a lot!! and you must be one of the most loved people of your community! Never mind how much “MOO LA” you had to fork out. I wish could come stay with you!! KUDOS!!

I guess it is all worth it ..Who was the last known celeb in your house?

8. Wow,…….. I wish to get there ASAP……….. :D

9. It’s depressing how nerdy this is. It’s more depressing that I would love to have every one of those.

10. krahswar says:

the batcave just plain wins, none of the others get close.

11. Badd A$$! That’s all I can say! And yeah! I’m probably a nerd!

12. georgina says:

FANTASTIC! I’ll take any of the Star Trek ones (:

13. These are just Too Intense!!!!!

Shotgun Batcave

14. Fantastic…!

15. urbananchorite says:

These are awesome! Some of us really DO love Stargate Atlantis that much!

16. Love ‘em, but where’s the TARDIS?

17. ahaa…. oke !

18. one day….

19. These come in wooden, cherry solid wood, maple wood, plastic-type material, steel, sterling silver platinum, five-seven-nine loudspeakers, entrance or rear projectors, receivers, videos… Simply check out these …home theater

20. What does this type of waste say about people who obviously have more money than brains. I don’t think it’s art but a reflection of corporate influence (Hollywood) to the feeble minded with money. Surely you don’t need all the artificial bull***t to enjoy a film with friends, such showoffs sicken me considering how many of us are economically limited to just having a place to live and something to eat. There are so many more important things to do than impress friends with our affluence.

21. Old Eyes says:

All of them have tiny screens, I’d spend the extra money used to decorate on a bigger screen. When the lights are out you can’t see the bling.

22. These are some pretty sweet theatres, but I don’t think I would ever get one in my house, i’d have a more general looking cinema and huge comfy recliners

23. Well I think Sheldon Cooper will die for any of these home theaters. Awesome.

24. I like that Pirates of the Carribean Version of Home theater

25. When I get rich, I am soooo Going to remake that “The Enterprise-D #1 (Star Trek: The Next Generation)” in my house. The first thing I will watch? The whole series of star trek the next generation. I’ll have a trekkie grand opening party.

26. Batman is my favorite, but they are all really impressive.

Trackbacks

1. [...] 10 'home-cinemas' increíbles [ENG] http://www.forevergeek.com/2011/06/10-awesome-home-theaters/  por littlemonkey hace 3 segundos [...]

2. [...] 10 Awesome Home Theaters via ForeverGeek by Robin Parrish on 6/5/11 [...]

3. [...] will be yet, but I’ll definitely be turning to the guys that developed the theaters shown in Forever Geek’s 10 Awesome Home Theaters article. Most likely? I’ll probably go Tron or Superman themed. That could be pretty [...]