8-bit has become so popular in the recent times that I am not sure if the cool people think it’s still cool. I think I just confused myself with that statement, but if you like all things 8-bit, and you have a charitable heart, you might want to give these guys a Kickstarter hand.
Tim Scherer from St. Louis, Missouri is embarking on a project called The 8-Bit Bar. While it may be tempting to think that everything will be somehow related to the 8-bit concept, The 8-Bit Bar wants to be more than that. According to the project leader, the idea is to provide a real-life social venue for people who want to interact with others in real life, but with a geeky touch. And what exactly do they mean by geeky? Something along the lines of “science fiction, technology, video games, anime, and intellectual pursuits”.
The 8-Bit Bar promises to offer the following (highlights mine):
- 20 Beers on Draft – $3.00 PBRs Always Available
- Over 180 Barchievements to experience with rewards at milestones
- Create Your Own Dining Experience by Bringing in Food From Wherever You Want
- 15-20 Classic Arcade Games – Think Ms. Pacman, Galaga and Donkey Kong with a consistent high-score leader board in the bar and online
- Free Wi-Fi
- TONS of Power Outlets for Your Electricty-Hungry Portable Devices
- Weekly Presentations from Local Scientists, Researchers, and Professors
- A Free Library of Books For You to Enjoy
- A Selection of Awesome Board Games – Think Chess, Settlers of Catan, Risk, Puerto Rico, Battlestar Galactica, Munchkin, and Game of Thrones
- Partnerships With Local Theatre, Comedy Troupes and Cultural Institutions
- Parnterships With Local Universities
- Partnerships With Local Restaurants
To learn more about the project, take a look at this video.
Obviously, you will not really benefit much from The 8-Bit Bar unless you are based in St. Louis, but hey, you can always help anyway. Whether you donate or simply spread the word, I am sure the guys will appreciate it.