10 Cool Sony Walkman photos - celebrate Walkman's 30th birthday
Happy 30th birthday Sony Walkman. You might’ve lost out a lot to the iPod but I’ll never forget your chunky cassette playing ’80s magic or your “can’t play the last track on a really full CD” Discman.
So, by way of small celebration here are ten images inspired by your greatness.
1. Hard-wired SonyEricsson Walkman phone. Neatness doesn’t come as standard
2. Great, let’s stick a huge replica of a Walkman phone on top of a metal stand because… well, because we can, OK?
3. Yeah, Stone Age Walkman usage FTW!
4. OK, what is it with BIG Walkmans? I know they were big anyway, but this Sports Walkman ain’t going jogging with you any time soon.
5. Wow, mashup. Fully functioning paper based Walkman, but using Sanyo tape player. Don’t get this wet.
6. C90 exposed! OK, not really a Walkman shot but evokes memories of fighting with cassettes when the machine decided to chew up the tape.
7. Sony in the 1980s. Gotta love it. “Once again Sony turns the world of headphones upside down”. What, by putting DRM on them?
8. Walkman pr0n! Definitely a lot of exposed components here – almost an orgy. WM-DD30 meets WM-DD33.
9. “I’m your father”. So true.
10. You’re looking at the phones, right? It’s what I go to trade fairs for…