10 ways to win an iPad
Look at that thing. It’s shiny. It’s sleek. It’s calling to you…
The problem? You don’t got the coin.
Well, it turns out that several of those “hundreds of thousands of iPad pre-orders” we’ve been hearing about were bought for contest/giveaway purposes. Websites and magazines are giving away free iPads to the cash-deprived, and in most cases, all you have to do to enter is join their fan page on Facebook or re-Tweet a line of text. Here are ten of the best Facebook/Twitter-based iPad giveaways I’ve found. (See the individual websites for full contest rules and details.)
- Digg is giving away 14 iPads — one every day for 2 weeks — in celebration of their new iPhone app. To enter, just follow @taptaptap on Twitter, and then tweet “The free @digg app comes to your iPhone! They’re giving out 1 custom ColorWare iPad each day for 2 weeks to celebrate! http://bit.ly/diggapp”.
- PCMag is giving away a 16GB Wifi version. Enter by following @PCMag on Twitter and tweeting “I want an iPad.”
- eForCity is giving away a 16GB Wifi. To enter, follow @eforcity and tweet “Just entered to win a free iPad. Follow @eForCity and retweet to enter! www.eforcity.com/twittergiveaway.html#eForCityGiveaway.”
- Happy Owl Studio (maker of that awesome iPad case we featured a few weeks ago) is offering to increase the capacity and model of their iPad giveaway based on the number of entries they receive. To enter, fill out the form on this page and then follow the instructions there to tweet about it. You can increase your chances of winning by re-tweeting any of their Tweets.
- PastorGear is giving away an iPad to one of their Twitter followers. Enter by following @pastorgearstuff and tweeting “Win a free iPad from PastorGear.com! Details: http://bit.ly/a2UBez”.
- Relevant Magazine is giving away two 16GB Wifis to one of their Twitter follwers (@relevantmag; retweet “Just entered to win an iPad from @RELEVANTmag & Craig Groeschel’s Christian Atheist! Follow & RT to enter: http://bit.ly/byHhGT”) and one of their Facebook fans.
- Handbag designer Susan Nichole is giving away a 16GB Wifi. Enter by following @susannichole and tweeting “I ? Susan Nichole Handbags – Re-tweet and Follow @susannichole for a chance to WIN an Apple iPad -http://ow.ly/19Nwt”
- TechBargains is giving away a 16GB Wifi iPad to one of their Facebook fans. Become a fan to enter.
- DealCatcher is giving away a 16GB Wifi to one of their Facebook fans.
- Week in Rewind is giving away an iPad for someone that either shares their contest link on Facebook or Tweets about it. Use the instructions on their website to enter.
If you’re willing to put more effort into it, there are plenty of other websites giving away iPads, but most of them require you to sign up for a user account and contribute some kind of content.. Just search Google for “ipad giveaway.”