With upwards of 500 novels in publication, it’s no surprise that many people are confused about the continuity of the Star Trek novels. With the help of TrekBBS user Thrawn, there is now a fantastic aid called the Star Trek Lit-Verse Reading Order Flowchart. Click the image below to see it in full size.
Don’t know where to begin? Here are some suggested jumping off points from The Trek Collective themselves:
- If you want to get straight into the modern prose continuity the Destiny crossover trilogy is a great place to jump in, leading to stories from several series set after it. One step back fromDestiny is Articles of the Federation, which is the perfect introduction to the world of Federation politics which becomes prominent in Destiny and beyond.
- DS9 was the first series to enjoy a post-TV relaunch; the main new DS9 adventures start from Avatar. If you’d prefer to jump ahead to the more recent DS9 stories they have a good jumping on point comes after Destiny, in Rough Beasts of Empire.
- The ongoing TNG narrative really starts from the A Time to… series, but you could jump on from the first book set after Nemesis, Death in Winter. The other branch of TNG, Titan, gets going from Taking Wing.
- Voyager‘s first post-Endgame stories start from Homecoming, but the series got something of a second start later with Full Circle.
- Enterprise‘s post finale adventures begin from The Good That Men Do. This series also has secondary relaunch with the post Romulan War era in A Choice of Futures.
- While there isn’t such a solid ongoing narrative for TOS, 23rd century fans can start Vanguard from Harbinger. There is also a small run of TOS stories set after The Motion Picture, those start from Ex Machina.
Have something to tell us about this article?Let us know
Trailers Are Currently Unavailable.