Asus announces first laptop with 1 Terabyte of capacity
Don’t worry readers, you didn’t miss any announcement for any new 1 Terabyte HDD for laptops. This new Toshiba manages to get 1 Terabyte capacity by using two 500GB hard drive disks. If you think that you don’t need that much memory on an ordinary laptop, then you may change your mind when you hear that it has a 17″ screen with a 1920×1200 resolution, and you can play Blu-Ray movies on it.
Here are the specifications:
– Intel Core 2 Duo running up to 2.5GHz (T9300) with base models using the T8100 (2.1GHz)
– Intel PM965 Express Chipset
– Supports up to 4GB of DDR2 667MHz SDRAM
– 17-inch WUXGA LCD panel (not LED)
– Blu-ray drive with DVD burning
– Intel HD Audio chip (Azalia)
– GigE Ethernet
– Intel 4965AGN WiFi (PRO/Wireless 3945ABG optional)
– Built in 1.3MP camera
– Built in 4 Altec Lansing speakers (with 1 subwoofer)
– Support for Dolby Home Theater
– HDMI out
– DVI out
– e-SATA out
Given that it comes from Asus, which is a quality, trustworthy brand, I’d say that this is probably one of the best desktop replacements you can get. But it’s a shame that they couldn’t get an Nvidia or Ati in it.
I reckon that they needed the extra room for the hard-drive and to keep the laptop’s price down, but if that weren’t the case, this laptop would probably beat many modern desktops today.
Still, it was smart of Asus to release this laptop now, rather than later, because according to the ongoing rumors, Apple should be updating it’s laptop lineup with brand new models very soon.