Star Wars and LEGO. One of the best combinations a geek can ever ask for.
With Star Wars day coming up, we thought it would be great to serve up a list of Star Wars LEGO sets. If you’re an avid AFOL, you may already have some of them – or not. In any case, these sets should be on the collector’s shelf of every Star Wars fan slash LEGO fan.
Best Star Wars LEGO Sets
1. LEGO Star Wars Death Star
Of course the Death Star set is part of this list!
- This set contains a highly detailed battle station featuring moving parts, a control room, a firing laser cannon and a droid maintenance facility, as well as 24 minifigures and droids including: Obi-Wan Kenobi, C-3PO, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, and many others.
- The set has 3,803 pieces.
- The battle station is 41 cm tall and 42 cm wide.
Unfortunately, it has been discontinued. The good news is that you can still find it if you know where to look.
As of this writing, there are two available via the main Amazon site, and there are 36 on Amazon UK.
2. Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon
No need to worry about the availability of this set, but you might want to check your bank account. Prepare to shell out at least $3,000 for it.
- This BIG stable model measures (in inches): 33.1 (L) x 22.2 ( W) x 8.3 (H)
- Special features include a retractable boarding ramp. The cockpit top can be removed to access mini-figures
- The model can also be lifted in the black technic beams when gun turret is off
- This is it the biggest LEGO Star Wars model ever made – 5195 pieces
- For the first time in mini-figure scale. Noted as one of Lucas Licensing’s favorite Star Wars models for 2007
- Mini-figure gallery: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa
- Guns in top and bottom turrets can rotate. The top gun turret can be removed to sit mini-figure
Check out your options for the Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon LEGO set.
3. Imperial Star Destroyer Kids Building Playset
If you have the Death Star, you can’t not have this baby. It’s got 1,359 pieces so you can have all the bells and whistles including synchronized cannons and spring-loaded shooters. It also comes with:
- Darth Vader
- Imperial Officer
- 2 Stormtroopers™
- Imperial Crew
- Imperial Navy Trooper
Get it here.
4. Motorized Walking AT-AT
Of course you’ve always wanted your own AT-AT, and since this beast is motorized…well, imagine all the fun you’ll have.
- Features an Opening Cockpit and Rotating Laser Cannons; Handle on Top Allows for Easy Transport
- Motorized Walking AT-AT Really Walks and its Head Moves Up and Down; Includes Battery Box and Motor
- Stands Over 12″ (30 cm) Tall and Over 14″ (36 cm) Long
- Includes AT-AT Pilot, General Veers, Snowtrooper and Luke Skywalker with Grappling Line and Lightsaber
- Requires 6 AA (1.5V) Batteries, Not Included; 1,137 Pieces
Go take a walk with your new AT-AT LEGO set. Get it here.
5. Ewok Village
Wicket the Ewok may have made it to our list of annoying Star Wars characters, but this LEGO set is far from annoying. With almost 2,000 pieces, a tree trunk hideout, traps, and all sorts of rooms, this set will give you lots to play with.
- Includes R2-D2 and 16 minifigures: Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo,Chewbacca, C-3PO, 2 Rebel soldiers,5 Ewoks,2 Scout Troopers and 2 Stormtroopers
- Features tree-trunk hideout and secret Lightsaber stash, spider web and net traps, slide, catapults, elevating throne
- Also features speeder rammer function, kitchen, food storage area, bedroom and a planning room and 2 staffs
- Weapons include a Lightsaber, 3 blaster pistols, 2 blasters, 2 blaster rifles, 2 spears, bow and a crossbow ; Also includes speeder
- Collect hard-to-find Endor Princess Leia, C-3PO, Luke, Han Solo and Wicket Ewok minifigures! Measures over 1″ high, 21″ wide and 13″ deep
Get your Ewok village here.
You had to have known R2 would make it to the list. Else, bleep!
What you need to know:
- Measures over 12″ (31cm) high and 7″ (18cm) wide
- 2 fold-out front spacecraft linkage control arms.
- Front panels open to reveal a universal computer interface arm and circular saw.
- Retractable third leg
Get him here.
Featured image background source
[Links are affiliates]