Who has not dreamt about playing with a pulse laser gun? Well, actually, I can think of a number of people who are not into guns; but if you are a responsible gun enthusiast, you will want to watch this video.
A guy named Patrick Priebe put his DIY talent to good use and created a homemade pulse laser gun. This is not science fiction, folks. It may be homemade, but it works! Here’s the dish on the gun:
- It has a small pulse laser head.
- Small it may be, but it has lots of energy – a 1kW pulse of coherent infrared light.
- It is 320 mm long and weighs in at about 2 pounds.
- The casing is made of brass and aluminum, while the center plate is made of plexi.
- This baby can shoot through plastic and thin metal, as well as styrofoam. I can only imagine what it can do to human flesh!
- It took Patrick 70 hours to complete the gun, which is all handmade.
Here is a video showcasing the gun in action.
Needless to say, this thing is NOT a toy. You wouldn’t want to give the pulse laser gun as a gift to a little boy (or girl, for that matter). However, if you are a responsible adult who can handle such a weapon – it is a weapon – then you can get in touch with Patrick. He says that he is making one soon for sale. Of course, you will have to be patient as it seems that he is already inundated with requests!
As for me, I can’t help but think that the gun will soon catch the attention of regulators and that they might just do something about it in the near future.