A quick reminder to those of us who may be forgetful…today is Geek Pride Day, thanks to several things.
- A New Hope was released in 1977.
- Towel Day, a toast to Douglas Adams
- Discworld’s Glorious 25th of May
While one can argue that there are other days which could be Geek Pride Day, let’s just go with the flow this time and have a blast.
There’s so much to do to celebrate your geek, but here’s one graphic that puts together interesting tidbits of the technology geek world.
Last, but the most important, is the Geek Pride Manifesto.
The Geek Pride Manifesto:
It is our right to:
- not leave the house
- to be out of style, overweight or have poor eyesight
- to dislike sports
It is our responsibility to:
- seek world domination
- befriend anyone who looks like a sci-fi character
- to attend opening nights or geeky movies in costume
Stereotype or not, be whatever you want to be. Happy Geek Pride Day, everyone!
P.S. What are you doing today? (Aside from watching Star Wars and making sure you know where your towel is.)