The Good Design Expo, which takes place at Tokyo Big Sight is a 3 day event that shows off more than 2,000 design-conscious items, here are 7 of the designs that really caught our eye with their cool designs, including several “everyday use” items.
1. Centry Outdoor Security Robot
My only problem with this camera is that the last image you might capture is someone cooling it for it’s neat design.
2. Tread-Walk: Treadmill-controlled personal mobility robot (Waseda University)
3. Underwater camera housing (Sigma)
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen cars painted in these colors, if nothing else your camera sure will stand out!
4. USB Clip: Tiny USB flash drive that doubles as paper clip (Emami Design)
This may be the perfect item if you’re compiling your own annotations when reading, you can literally leave those notes right where you left off!
5. X-Frame Folding Vehicle alters shape to suit driving style (Nagoya Institute of Technology)
I’m in America where various people can barely fit in their cars, I wonder if the shape can be adjusted for width?
6. Laptop Cases made from recycled brewer malt waste (Kouhei Okamoto)
I love these cases because not only are they green, but they really stand out, even if they are rather simplistic in design.
7. Metaphys Cortina humidifier (Gourmandise Inc.)
As I mentioned above, there are over 2,000 different items at the conference, you can see items which received awards by visiting the Official Good Design Expo page.
Photo credits: Pink Tentacle.