Who would have thought that Steve Jobs loved ice cream? Then again, who does NOT love ice cream? Crave recently ran a very mouth-watering feature on the ultimate geek recipes – that is, favorite recipes of the best known geeks in the world (past and present) – and I have to say that the Apple founder’s current dessert favorite tops my list.
2 vanilla pods
500ml double cream
3 egg yolks
How to make it:
1. Cut each vanilla pod down its length and extract the precious seeds. Add the pods only (not the seeds) to the cream and boil it.
2. When the mixture is boiling, add the sugar and stir.
3. Find a large bowl and whisk three egg yolks.
4. Stir the double cream mixture into the egg yolks.
5. Now take the mixture and pour it into another bowl, through a sieve.
6. Stir in the precious vanilla seeds.
7. Find a dish suitable for the freezer, and place the mixture in the freezer.
8. Wait 2-3 hours.
9. Take the ice cream out of the freezer. Take a flat knife and chisel the Apple logo into the top of the frozen ice cream. Announce it to your guests with the phrase, “One more thing…”
Up there’s the recipe from Crave, which apparently is part of Steve Jobs’ effort to get better after his much talked about illness. I wish I could be given these kinds of recipes for health reasons as well!
For more geek recipes, visit the whole article by clicking on the link above.