Mac OS X 10.4.6 Released
We are edging closer and closer to Leopard, and further away from Tiger aren’t we? We’ve already gotten to 10.4.6, which is a standard update from Apple that brings some nice bugfixes and security fixes.
From Software Update:
The 10.4.6 Update is recommended for all users and includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following applications and technologies:
– login and authentication in a variety of network environments
– file access and byte range locking with AFP file sharing
– network access when using proxy server automatic configuration files
– connecting to Cisco VPN servers using IP/Sec
– using Bluetooth wireless devices
– searching iWork ’06 and Microsoft Office documents with Spotlight
– saving Word documents automatically when using a network home directory
– creating Automator workflows for iPhoto 6
– synchronizing contacts and calendars to .Mac and mobile phones
– mounting and unmounting iDisk volumes
– compatibility with third party applications and devices
– previous standalone security updates
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n303411.
For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798.
After the update, PowerPC computers will restart twice.