Opera release Opera Mini 4.1
When it comes to cellphone web browsers there best options are Opera Mini and Safari. But since not all people can afford or purchase, in their country, the iPhone, Opera Mini is the best bet for everyone else.
The latest version is, according to their claims, 50% faster than the previous one, not due to the browser program itself, but due to the server upgrades that allow them to compress pages faster before sending them to the mobile phone.
For those of you who might find that previous statement confusing let me explain: Opera Mini does not display a webpage directly. The page is loaded on the Opera Servers, compressed, and then sent to the mobile device. The result is a much faster browsing experience since most of our cellphones have very limited resources, thus no other mobile browser can compete with it right now, except (perhaps) Safari.
The other new features are relatively “normal” and expected from any modern browser:
- There’s a new URL autocomplete feature based on your browsing history
- You can now search for text in a web page
- Web pages can be saved for offline viewing
- You can upload and download files from within the browser
- Google search has been integrated with the URL bar, allowing you to conduct a web search from any page.
You can also see a video tutorial of the new features on the video below: