PCMag's top 15 Firefox Extensions
According to PC Magazine, these are the best 15 extensions for people that just switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox. Foxy Tunes is the best one I see on the list but I don’t need it since I always have Winamp on-top of every window. In case you’re interested here’s my list of plugins (most of them web developing related), feel free to add some of your own.
- Web Developer 0.9.3 – Oh where would I be if I didn’t have this extension… a must have for anyone that does any work on the web, whether it’s for fun or professionally.
- Translate 0.6.0.6 – This one translates the page that you’re on to english. Quite usefull for anyone that gets the latest info from Korean/Chinese/Japanese sites.
- IE View – This little extension adds the option to open the page/frame you right-click on on IE, it’s usefull for my job but sometimes quite buggy.
- Session Saver 0.2 – This saves the tabs you had opened even when you close the main window, a must extension for me at home or work.
- Colorzilla 0.8.2 – Sometimes when I web design I need to use the color of a company’s logo and before I had this extension I had to open Photoshop and use the “eye dropper tool” to see what RGB or HTML color code it was. This extension allows you to get the color code for any area on a web site (with the exception of flash animations) seamlessly.
- ForecastFox 0.5.9 – This extension gives you the weather details based on your city, I always check it before leaving the office since the weather here is semi-tropical it can change drastically very quickly.
- FlashGot 0.5.7.5 – This one allows you to use your download manager when you’re downloading something, it also adds right-click menu options for “Flashgot Link” and “Flashgot All” to webpages.
- Phoenity Theme – Yes I know, this one isn’t an extension but a theme, but I simply can’t get used to any other theme.
(Note: Sometimes the extensions on those two sites aren’t the latest versions, so I recommend you check the homepage of each extension before installing)