Sony Playstation 3 Firmware patch 1.11
Sony released not too long ago the first firmware patch for the Playstation 3. No, no one managed to “hack” version 1.0 yet, they just added some new features (although some claim that there were more important things that need to be updated).
Since some users still notice many flaws with the console’s software they started questioning if any changes had been made with the patch, since most of them are unnoticeable unless you look for them in the menus. In my opinion, I think people are exaggerating because it’s Sony, it’s nice to have a console that is constantly improving via Firmware updates. Here is the changelog:
From the Playstation site form US
The PLAYSTATIONÂ®3 system software version 1.11 update includes the following:
- You can now use PLAYSTATIONÂ®Network services.
- You can now use the single tap text entry method on the on-screen keyboard for English and other European languages.
- [Audio CD Output Frequency] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].
- [Enable ATRAC] has been added as a feature under [System Settings].
- [Cross Color Reduction Filter] has been added as a feature under [Display Settings].
- [After 5 Minutes] has been added as an option to [Screensaver] under [Display Settings].
- You can now select [Full Screen] under [Screen Mode] when playing video files saved on the hard disk or storage media.*
*An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.
- You can now download and save music and video files on the hard disk under [Internet Browser].
- You can now download the following types of content under [PLAYSTATIONÂ®Store].
â?? PLAYSTATIONÂ®3 format software
â?? PLAYSTATIONÂ®Network titles*
* The term “PLAYSTATIONÂ®Network titles” refers to PlayStation format games (PS one) downloaded from PLAYSTATIONÂ®Store and PSP format games distributed electronically.
- Simplified and traditional Chinese characters can now be displayed under [Internet Browser].
- [Online Instruction Manuals] has been added as a feature.
- New for 1.11: [Account Management] has been added.
- The method of calculating hard disk capacity has been changed.
* Free space on the hard disk is calculated as 1 GB (1024 x 1024 x 1024) = approx. 1,073,740,000 bytes. As a result, the free space value displayed may be less than the value that is mentioned under specifications in the product documentation. You can check hard disk free space under [Settings] > [System Settings] > [System Information].
- Playability status with the PS3â?¢ system has changed for some PlayStationÂ® and PlayStationÂ®2 format titles. To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles.
- New for 1.11: Some PLAYSTATIONÂ®Network features have been revised.