The Parrot: DS1120 Wireless Hi-Fi Stereo System
Us geeks do like our high-tech kit, there’s no doubt about it. We also apparently like to have convenience and a reasonably tidy place – two reasons why we love wireless technology so much. It is with these passions in mind as well as a love of music that I happened to stumble upon the rather interesting looking Parrot DS1120 wireless hi-fi sound system.
The system, available in July, comes with a class D amplifier with digital input so you can have top quality sound be reproduced. It has a power output of 30W RMS from the two powerful speakers. Included are drivers that you need to set up the kit as well as a simple user interface using three touch sensitive keys.
In case you’re wondering what it’s going to work with, you should be able to enjoy wireless sound from a Bluetooth mobile phone, a Bluetooth computer, a separate Bluetooth ‘Parrot’ USB, and many other types of device. This should mean that you’re able to use just about any of your current audio devices with this kit.
Here’s the tech spec:
* Stereo hi-fi system
* Class D audio amplifier with a digital input
* Power output : 30 W RMS
* Wideband driver
* Frequency range : 100 Hz – 18 kHz
* Three-button user interface (touch-sensitive keys)
* Settings : volume, pairing
* Compatible audio sources*:
o Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP) devices
o Analogue audio devices
* Line-In socket: 3.5 mm jack
* Power: AC : 100 – 240V / DC : 15V
* PC software: Parrot Audio Suite
* Compatible with Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP) mobile phone, Bluetooth enabled PC computers, PC computers equipped with a Parrot Bluetooth USB dongle, Bluetooth MP3 players, portable music players equipped with a Bluetooth audio dongle and any type of analogue music devices.