Trek Support Concept "Power Station" Backpack
All day today, Metallica’s “Wherever I May Roam” was playing in my head. (Perhaps the song being listed 10 times on my On-the-go Playlist had something to do with that.) While I was enjoying the music and the words as I roamed the streets of a strange city, my back was telling me just how much of a hassle it has been to lug around my laptop and all the other stuff that usually go with it. Then I had to deal with the fact that the battery died on me after sitting at Starbucks all afternoon.
That “ordeal” led me to looking up backpacks that might make it easier on my back, and look what I found! Up there you see what they call the Trek Support Backpack.
Obviously, the backpack is meant to provide comfort and safety – not for you, but for the precious babies that you have inside. This backpack can fit a laptop (up to 15 inches) and four other gadgets such as iPads, iPhones, e-book readers, MP3 players and so on. Two reasons I decided to take a closer look at this bag – in spite of the many other options out there:
- It has a built-in rechargeable battery, which is supposed to last 7 hours and can charge whatever gadgets you have in the bag.
- It is designed in such a way that it can be easily opened for security checks, can be seen below.
For any traveler, these two things are essential.
- That built-in battery is sure to add more weight (which is what I was avoiding in the first place).
- I am not sure the looks appeal to me. The blue could be darker, for sure.
- It doesn’t look like I can put anything else in the bag. Then again, with all those gadgets, do I need anything else?
Oh, and did I tell you that this backpack has NOT been manufactured yet? The idea is that they makers are getting people to commit to purchasing the bag (crowdsourcing anyone?), so it is currently only on pre-sale for $130. If you can’t wait to get a travel bag for your gadgets, then forget this. If you really like the idea though, head on over to the site. Me, I think I’ll go look around for something else.