We don’t frequently feature apps on ForeverGeek although if you check our phones and tablets, you’ll probably find an eclectic collection. I don’t even know where to begin if you ask me to describe mine!
To end the week, I am deviating from the norm and sharing a newly launched game called Tribe Domination Local Warfare.
At first read, the game title doesn’t really stand out, does it?
However, when I read the description, I was hooked.
Choose your tribe. Challenge your friends. Conquer San Francisco.
Are you a Hipster, Geek or a Hippie? Pick your tribe and battle your friends to control the San Francisco Bay Area.
Wouldn’t that catch your attention, too?
For sure, you’ll be able to relate to one of those labels, and you just might have a blast getting into the role.
How do you play the game?
This game is a turn-based strategy game, which can accommodate 2 to 3 players.
Each turn is composed of 3 phases:
1. Place your troops strategically.
2. Attack your opponents, conquer territories and try to own a county in order to receive more troops at your next turn.
3. Make a strategic fortification move at the end of your turn.
Conquer counties (San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa and Marin) and get extra troops! Conquer at least one territory during your turn and receive coins at your next turn. The more coins you have, the more strategic attacks you can make:
– With 150 coins, you can use your tribe’s special trick — such as the Geeks’ furtive hack or the Hipsters’ U-Lock attack!
– With 200 coins, you can do a frisbee attack and fight enemies remotely! Don’t forget to control your headquarter to use it!
– With 300 coins, you can buy extra troops to help you engineer a decisive attack.
This all sounds fun to me, but there’s one caveat: you have to log in to Facebook and play with your friends – or meet other players. When it’s your turn, you’ll receive a notification.
I definitely have nothing against social gaming (you should have seen my Facebook feed way back), but it would be nice to have a single player mode.
On the upside, Tribe Domination is totally free and has no in-app purchases. Too good to be true?
Well, they’ll probably find a monetization strategy later on, so you might as well give the game a go while it’s totally free.
Tribe Domination Local Warfare Launch trailer
What do you say? Let’s play against each other? Dibs on hippies. ;)