Upgrade Ubuntu to 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)
Sometime soon, a new version of Ubuntu will be out and already people are creating comprehensive guides to walk you through the process of upgrading. I currently use Ubuntu Edgy Eft, and am a little worried about how upgrading will go, but OnlyUbuntu has created a guide to upgrade to Feisty Fawn for those that are early adopters. If you’ll only take instructions from the Ubuntu site itself, they have already started creating a guide as well.
I am looking forward to the new version. If you don’t know what Feisty Fawn will give, here is a quick list from SearchEnterpriseLinux:
- New Gnome control center
- Faster searching with Tracker — Tracker is a search tool much like Beagle. Both programs will be available in the repositories.
- Easy codec installation — When trying to play a multimedia file, Ubuntu will try to install the necessary codecs automatically.
- Inclusion of NetworkManager — Connect to wired and wireless networks with the click of your mouse.
- Kernel Virtual Machine — Built in virtualization in the Linux Kernel.
- Migration assistant — Migrate documents, files and settings with ease from your previous operating system.
- VPN — Easy VPN access with NetworkManager.
- Desktop Effects — Bring up cool desktop effects.