Watch 3D Star Wars Like a Podracer
If you live near one of ten select AMC theaters, you (or rather, your kids) can watch the 3D edition of The Phantom Menace with special “young Anakin” 3D glasses, a collectible freebie, and take part in activities geared toward
On February 10th, Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace arrives in theaters in 3D, and Lucasfilm is playing up its appeal to kids with parties that will be free to attendees at ten select theaters. Ticket holders at these theaters will receive, at no extra charge, a collectible Star Wars Fighter Pod toy from Hasbro and a pair of the stylin’ “Anakin Skywalker Podracer 3D Glasses” you can see below. They’ll also get to enjoy a special LEGO play area, Darth Maul face painting, Star Wars character appearances for photo ops, and live demonstrations of the upcoming Xbox Kinect Star Wars video game.
The ten theaters participating in these exclusive activities are:
- AMC Southlake 24 in Atlanta
- AMC Loews Liberty Tree Mall 20 in Boston
- AMC South Barrington 30 in Chicago
- AMC Highlands Ranch 24 in Denver
- AMC Tustin 14 at The District in Los Angeles
- AMC Ontario Mills 30 in Los Angeles
- AMC Empire 25 in New York
- AMC Garden State 16 in New York
- AMC Mesa Grand 24 in Phoenix
- AMC Emeryville Bay Street 16 in San Francisco
Okay geeky guys and gals, be honest. I know Episode I is monotonous. We’re talking, could-have-been-made-by-Ben-Stein’s-teacher-character-in-Ferris Beuller kind of boring. But there are exclusive Star Wars collectibles up for grabs here, and Lucasfilm’s press release says they’re only available “while supplies last.” And you know those goggles especially are going to be all over eBay the afternoon of the 10th — and people will buy them.
Are the collectibles worth the price of admission?