Weekly Poll: Favorite Scifi Universe?
Last week we picked your brain about your favorite fantasy world. This week, science fiction gets its day. What’s your favorite scifi universe, and why?
This isn’t a poll about your favorite science fiction movie, video game, or novel. It’s about the setting, the living, breathing world where the story takes place. Which one do you find the most intriguing, the most exciting? Which one would you most like to visit?
Vote in the poll above, and then if you like, head down to the Comments below and tell us why you voted the way you did. Or, if you don’t see your favorite universe listed in the poll, select “Other” and then write-in your vote in the Comments.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the poll:
- Alienverse: It’s yet to be confirmed that Ridley Scott’s upcoming Prometheus is a prequel to Alien, but it sure looks that way.
- The Forerunners’ Universe: The galaxy as built and influenced by the ancient Forerunner society in Halo.
- A Galaxy Far, Far Away: The setting of Star Wars.
- The Matrix: Both the scorched “real world” and the “interactive neural simulation” of The Matrix films.
- Pandora: The alien moon where Avatar takes place.
- Star Trek‘s Universe: Where starships and their crews boldly go and see what’s out there.
- The 13 Colonies of Cobol: The universe of the human and the Cylons as seen in Battlestar Galactica (either series).
- The Whoniverse: all of time and space as visitable in the TARDIS at the whims of Doctor Who.