Wireless bluetooth webcam for the Mac
I am aware of how useful the iSight Mac webcam is, I believe Mac computers pioneered the embedded webcam feature on notebook computers that it has now become a standard. If a notebook computer doesn’t have a built-in webcam, it usually is ignored! Beats the hell out of occupying a USB slot and dangling your webcam on to of your notebook lid.
Happy as I am there are times, though, that the iSight just doesn’t fit in certain video situation. Like if I’m on a video conference and would like to share my surroundings to my chatmate I’d pick up my Macbook and swivel it like a monkey with my hands up. LOL!
Good thing there is now the BT-1 Bluetooth Webcam. This webcam was built to pair up with your Mac computer. And no cables, honey, it operates on blue tooth with about a 10-feet radius from your laptop. That means you can stand up and carry your wallet-size BT-1 bluetooth webcam around. Great job!
Here are the product features:
– 640×480 H.264 video and 48 kHz AAC stereo audio
– Compact 2″ x 2½” x 5/8″ design
– 4 hour talk time
– Compatible with iChat, Skype and more
– 10 – 30 foot wireless range
– Standard tripod mounting screw
– Includes a flexible mini-tripod and USB charging cable.
– Requires Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or newer and Bluetooth v2.0+EDR or better.
My only wish… colors! I hope when this product hits the shelves it will come in say… colors compatible to the iPods colors? That would be really swell now, wouldn’t it? :)
Price is set at about US$150 and seen to be released late Q1 of 2009.