WoWeekly: Cataclysm Class Change Previews Are Out!
Well, most of the classes anyway. Class changes for the Shaman, Priest and Warlock were released yesterday April 7, while today, the class changes for the Warrior, Death Knight and Rogue are coming out.
Tomorrow, April 9, you can look forward to the Cataclysm class changes for the Hunter, Druid and Mage. And unfortunately for Paladin players, you are going to have to wait for another week because Pally class change previews will come out on April 16. That’s a pretty long wait so I’m guessing the Paladin class is going to undergo some major changes!
If you want to read more on the class change previews of the specific class, here are the links:
- Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm
- Death Knight Class Changes
- Shaman Class Changes
- Warlock Class Changes
- Priest Class Changes
- Paladin Class Changes
- Warrior Class Changes
- Druid Class Changes
- Hunter Class Changes
- Rogue Class Changes
- Mage Class Changes
Also, Blizzard will be modifying the Dispelling Mechanics for a bit. Some of the changes that could happen will be the following:
- Protection and Retribution paladins will lose their current ability to dispel magic.
- All shaman will lose dispel disease and dispel poison in exchange for Restoration gaining dispel magic.
- Restoration shaman, Restoration druids, and Holy paladins will need to talent into their defensive magic dispels.
- Shadow priests won’t be able to remove disease in Shadowform.
- Mage, hunter, and warlock will retain their current dispel mechanics.
- When possible, we’d like to combine dispels into a single action. For example, the druid ability to dispel curses and poisons might be a single spell with a Restoration talent that also allows it to dispel magic. This part of the design isn’t finalized, however.
From the looks of it, Blizzard is trying to veer away from the jack-of-all-trades model the classes turned into, when Wrath came in. While I totally think this is a great idea to make the gameplay more interesting, I just hope that it doesn’t make the game extremely complicated to play.
If I remember correctly, gear planning for Paladins during Vanilla days was horrible! I just hope that the gameplay doesn’t go back to that kind of complexity.
Gosh, just reading about the upcoming Priest Class Changes are giving me goosebumps! I definitely can’t wait for Cataclysm.