I normally don’t care about the PVP aspect of WoW (I’m a raider!) but the announcement banner at the World of Warcraft website totally caught my eye.
I thought, “What the hell is a Murkimus?” After clicking on a few links, I got the answer: a Murkimus is an exclusive Armored Murloc in-game pet.
AMG! Let me say it again, an ARMORED Murloc in-game pet! Screw the $200,000 cash pricez, I just want the pet, haha!
So World of Warcraft PVP fanatics, the 2010 World of Warcraft Arena Tournament in the US is now open for registration. Register now to secure your slots.
For first timers, here are a couple of things you need to know on how the World of Warcraft Arena tournament works:
- There is a registration fee of $20 to join the 2010 Arena Tournament per World of Warcraft account.
- You will need a team of 3 people since the matches are in 3v3 Arena format. You can actually play 2v2 or 5v5 matches for FUN, but only the 3v3 ladder results will be rewarded.
- New level 80 characters will be created on the special Arena-only realm, and you will be able to customize them with PVP armors and weapons provided. You may create up to three (3) customized level 80 characters.
- Accounts should be upgraded with the Burning Crusade and Wratch of the Lich King expansions to be able to register in the tournament.
Participants of the 2010 WoW Arena Tournament will have the chance to win the following prizes:
- Winning Team – $75,000
- Second Place – $30,000
- Third Place – $15,000
- First Place – $15,000
- Second Place – $6,000
- Third Place – $3,000
- Fourth Place – $1,500
- Fifth to Eight Place – $600
Woohoo! Exciting. So to those who are joining the 2010 World of Warcraft Arena Tournament, good luck!