Dragon Ball Super chapter 85: Release date, time and preview for manga
What date and time will Dragon Ball Super 85 release worldwide for online reading and what can fans expect from the latest manga chapter?
It’s a fantastic time to be a Dragon Ball Super fan with the premiere of the Super Hero theatrical movie in Japan.
However, as fans around the world countdown to the international release on August 19th, many are now looking to the upcoming manga chapter for their monthly-dose of Goku content.
This week, the Dragon Ball Super has shared a special sneak peek at the upcoming chapter 85, with a preview draft summary also being shared on social media by fans – but what date and time will the manga’s latest instalment release worldwide?
- DRAGON BALL SUPER: How has Super Hero done at the Japanese box office so far?
When will Dragon Ball Super chapter 85 release?
Dragon Ball Super chapter 85 is scheduled to release around the world on Monday, June 20th.
The 85th instalment of the popular series will launch via Manga Plus and Viz Media from the following international times:
- Pacific Time: 8 AM PDT
- Eastern Time: 11 AM EDT
- British Time: 4 PM BST
- European Time: 5 PM CEST
- India Time: 8.30 PM IST
- Philippine Time: 11 PM PHT
- Australia Time: 12.30 AM ACST (June 21)
The new chapter will be made available to read online for free on both platforms, with access to the entire catalogue of manga chapters requiring a subscription which currently costs $1.99 a month. Manga Plus can also be downloaded directly through the App Store and Google Play.
- KAGUYA-SAMA: Season 3 finale will be extended to one hour long
Dragon Ball Super chapter 85 preview and summary shared online
The Dragon Ball Super website first shared the official sneak peek raw scans for chapter 85 earlier this week.
“In Chapter 84, Goku and Vegeta fought side-by-side against Gas, but even their combined might proved no match for the Heeter’s immeasurable power…However, the two made a breakthrough at last when Vegeta grew strong enough through Ultra Ego to land a single punch on Gas and finally deal some damage!” – Dragon Ball Super chapter 85 preview.
However, in chapter 85, we will see both Goku and Vegeta use their own tactics and strategies as they battle against Gas.
“Vegeta seems to be recklessly facing down Gas with no regard for his own life, but is there something else going on here that only Goku can sense?!” – Dragon Ball Super chapter 85 preview.
Then, the popular and typically reputable Twitter page ‘DbsHype’ shared their draft summary of the raw scans. Per the post, the title of Dragon Ball Super chapter 85 is “Each One’s Answer” and will feature the following plot points:
- Vegeta says that Gas is at a disadvantage against them and that any attempt to damage him will only make him stronger.
- Despite this veiled threat, Gas goes on the attack and lets out a war scream. He punches Vegeta in the stomach, kicks him into the air and then flies up to hit him again mid-air to throw him back into the ground.
- Before Vegeta can get back to his feet, Gas knees him in the stomach again, which causes a very painful expression on Vegeta. Gas says that his tactic is simple, kill Vegeta so that he doesn’t have time to react to the attacks
- Goku starts to prepare to intervene but before he can say anything, Vegeta stands up and punches Gas in the abdomen saying “Thank you for the fuel you gave me!”
- Gas is now enraged at this and he proceeds to kick Vegeta into the air once again. He then points his fingers at Vegeta and instantly teleports to him, landing another kick.
- Gas does this finger-teleport trick again, with the final kick sending Vegeta flying into a nearby mountain – Goku looks on in amazement at the power, as Gas attempts the same kick again.
The draft summary then concludes with the website preview: “Vegeta seems to be recklessly facing down Gas with no regard for his own life, but is there something else going on here that only Goku can sense?!”
- ANIME: Every finale on Crunchyroll from the Spring broadcasting slate
When is the next manga volume releasing in English?
As of June 20th, a total of 18 complete manga volumes for the Dragon Ball Super series have been published in Japan, with volume 19 set to be made available in August 2022. However, the English release is lagging slightly behind the domestic launch with only 15 of those volumes currently being available for fans internationally.
Paperback copies can be purchased through Amazon, Book Depository, Waterstones and Bookshop – but can also likely be found at your local comic book store.
Digital versions are also available directly through Viz Media as well as Google Play, iBooks, Amazon Kindle and Barnes & Noble’s Nook service.
Volume 16 is scheduled to launch on August 2nd, with volume 17 landing on December 6th, later this year.
- SCIENCE FELL IN LOVE: Will the anime series return for a third TV season?
By Tom Llewellyn – [email protected]