Jujutsu Kaisen manga chapter 187 delayed, new release date confirmed
Chapter 187 from the Jujutsu Kaisen manga series has sadly been delayed, but what date and time will the next instalment now release?
Every single weekend, millions upon millions of manga readers around the world sit down to catch up on the latest instalment of their favourite series. Our time spent reading weekly manga is set in stone for large proportions of the fanbase, whether you are an early-morning reader in the US or an evening-binger in Europe and Asia.
Unfortunately, when that schedule is disrupted, it can lead to some serious confusion online as to when a new instalment is releasing, particularly for those of us who consume manga online. Now, new information has been shared that Jujutsu Kaisen chapter 187 will be delayed for a short break – here’s everything you need to know about the new release date.
- CHAINSAW MAN: Manga editor says fans need to show more patience before part 2
Jujutsu Kaisen chapter 187 delayed, new release confirmed
Sadly, there will be a notable gap in our weekly reading lists this weekend as the Jujutsu Kaisen manga series will be delayed from both its domestic launch in Japan and internationally via distribution partners.
Per the Unofficial Weekly Shonen Jump Twitter page, “Jujutsu Kaisen will be on break in Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #27. Series will resume in Issue #28 as scheduled.”
The chapter will release at the following times around the world on June 12th:
- Pacific Time: 8 AM PDT
- Eastern Time: 11 AM EDT
- British Time: 4 PM BST
- European Time: 5 PM CEST
- India Time: 8.30 PM IST
- Philippine Time: 11 PM PHT
- Australia Time: 12.30 AM ACST (June 13)
The first and latest three chapters are available to read for free on both websites, with access to the entire collection requiring a membership which is currently set for $1.99 a month – Manga Plus can be downloaded via the App Store and Google Play.
At the time of writing, a reason for the break has not been publicly revealed; however, fans shouldn’t be too concerned about the upcoming hiatus. Weekly manga series take regular breaks, typically every five weeks or so, in order to give their production and distribution teams a well-deserved rest.
Hilariously, there are countless comments on the Twitter post from the Unofficial Weekly Shonen Jump page that claims the delay is because of the return of Yoshihiro Togashi’s Hunter x Hunter manga.
- HUNTER X HUNTER: Cast share adorable reactions to news of manga resumption
When is the next manga volume releasing in English?
As of June 5th, 19 volumes of the Jujutsu Kaisen manga series have been published in Japan, but only 15 of those are currently available to purchase in English.
- LOVE DEATH AND ROBOTS: Bad Travelling from season 3 needs its own movie or TV series
Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie ends theatrical run in Japan
On Sunday, May 30th, the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie ended its theatrical release in Japan after an incredible five-month run.
The staff for the hit anime film revealed, in commemoration of the ending, that Jujutsu Kaisen 0 had earned a total of 13.75 billion Yen (around $108 million) at the domestic box office.
Incredibly, this makes the movie the 14th highest-grossing movie in Japanese history:
- Demon Slayer: Mugen Train (2020) – 40.43 Billion Yen
- Spirited Away (2001) – 31.68 Billion Yen
- Titanic (1997) – 26.2 Billion Yen
- Frozen (2014) – 25.5 Billion Yen
- Your Name (2016) – 25.03 Billion Yen
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001) – 20.3 Billion Yen
- Princess Mononoke (1997) – 20.18 Billion Yen
- Howl’s Moving Castle (2004) – 19.6 Billion Yen
- Bayside Shakedown 2 (2003) – 17.35 Billion Yen
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) – 17.3 Billion Yen
- Avatar (2009) – 15.6 Billion Yen
- Ponyo (2008) – 15.5 Billion Yen
- Weathering with You (2019) – 14.19 Billion Yen
- Jujutsu Kaisen 0 (2021) – 13.75 Billion Yen
- The Last Samurai (2003) – 13.7 Billion Yen
By Tom Llewellyn – [email protected]